The Robertson Scholars Program is one of the most generous and visionary scholarship programs in American higher education. This program transforms students through their immersion in the intellectual and social life of two dynamic universities and their exposure to new and challenging environments. The experience of being a Robertson Scholar helps students become thoughtful, creative, lifelong contributors to society -- the kind of citizens and leaders prepared to meet the unprecedented challenges of our interdependent world.
The Robertson Scholars Program:
- Builds a community of students at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill who will share important educational experiences and who as alumni will become community leaders
- Fosters collaboration between Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill
- Recruits motivated, inspiring undergraduates to Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill
- Further develops the educational opportunities at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill that link classroom learning with community service
- Prepares students to understand, contribute to, and benefit from our culturally, racially, and ethnically diverse and interdependent world.